Remove Wrinkles & Facial Lines with Botox at LA Laser Center
Remove Wrinkles & Facial Lines with Botox
#1 In Southern CA
Most Botox Treatments Performed
Botox Treatment has become so competitive, unfortunately it has become commonplace for some doctors to dilute Botox to less than full strength. Our Botox is FULL-STRENGTH, which gives you maximum results from every treatment.
Botox injections are one of the safest available for the reduction or softening of wrinkles. We frequently use it to treat frown lines between the eyebrows, forehead wrinkles, and lines around the eyes (Crow’s Feet). It may also be used to treat lines around the mouth and neck. A few tiny injections are administered to the skin, which calm the muscles and thus, allows for a smoother, more relaxed appearance. The effect may take three to five days to appear.
The overall advantages of treating wrinkles with Botox
- Reduces or eliminates wrinkles without surgery
- Corrects underlying muscles (as opposed to the skin’s surface as peels do)
- Provides dramatic effects which are customizable and reversible
- Some patients report they no longer experience migraine headaches.
- No sedation or anesthesia is needed, however, you may choose to have the area numbed with a cold pack or anesthetic cream prior to injecting.
- Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Most patients compare the sensation to a pinprick and treatment takes only a few minutes.
How does Botox work?
First, a few drops of Botox are injected into the muscle that creates the wrinkle. When Botox is injected into a muscle, it blocks the nerve impulse from reaching that area, and as a result, the muscle weakens. As the muscle weakens, the skin overlying the muscle relaxes and the wrinkles in the skin gradually soften and often disappear. If a specific muscle can’t move, it can’t cause a wrinkle. Botox Injections do not affect normal facial expressions.
What can Botox be used for?
- Frown, Worry, Laugh, and Bunny Lines
- Periorbital Wrinkles (Crow’s Feet)
- Brow Lift or Brow Asymmetry
- Drooping Mouth Corners
- Lip Wrinkles, Chest Wrinkles, and Vertical Lines
- Platysma Stranding (“Neck Banding”)
- Hyperhidrosis (severe underarm sweating)
- Reducing horizontal creases on the forehead
Are there any side effects?
Side effects of Botox are minimal, with slight discomfort upon injection of the solution. This may be minimized by the use of an anesthetic cream one hour prior to the injection. Bruising at the sight of injection may occur but is not common. 1% of patients develop a slight lowering or ptosis of one eyelid and, also rarely, asymmetry of facial expression. These effects are temporary and are so minimal they may go completely unnoticed. You may resume normal activity immediately. You may see a marked improvement in the moderate to severe frown lines between your brows within days. This improvement may continue for as long as 1 – 5 months; after this time, the muscle action slowly returns. When frown lines reappear, a repeat treatment is necessary to regain the results.
Botox has been safely and successfully used in wrinkle therapy for almost 10 years. The FDA for neurological disorders has approved it. In the amounts used for wrinkle therapy, the only possible side effects are temporary and localized to the area of injection.
Contact Us today to schedule an appointment at any one of our 23 locations.